Thursday, August 15, 2013

EMAIL FROM 8/7/13 *

A raccoon bit my lip     - {I don't know why she picked this title}

CIAOZIES TUTTI!
So numbers wise this week, we havent been super sucessful, Agosto is the month of vacay for everyone..but...DONT CARE! Still seeing hardcore miracles!
1. finally taught an inactive woman who was active my first transfer, told us how she was so confused about religion, had all these questions, she is going through a divorce. She couldnt answer if God was her Father in Heaven. I whipped out so many scriptures about how He is our literal father and how he loves us, why its so important we pray to him with real intent. She doesnt feel worthy to pray. PISH POSH. Dont ever think that people. So long story short I felt like I wasnt saying the right things and my italian wasnt good enough to help her, wasnt sure how the lesson was by the end of it.
THE NEXT DAY. she sends us a text saying how she was so grateful for our visit, she asked if he prayed for her, if so, she could feel it, if not, it mustve been our visit. she was really reflecting on everything we talked about. OF COURSE WE PRAYED. Ahh miracolo! So beautiful that she wrote us that text.
2. Same day, we got 2 cancellations, I was like okay lets go visit one of my fav members, its like a 20 min walk. I call her up and ask if we can stop by, of course shes down. We arent supposed to have dinner appts with members but it was right before dinner time and we wouldnt be eating with her but i was just thinking it was a good idea. So we are chatting it up with her and her son that just got back from a mission. Then we start talking about her sister who is inactive, turns out she was on her way over! So we share the same spritual thought we are sharing with most members right now, the nature of God, importance of prayer and answers through the spirit. We tweak it a bit depending on each lesson.
So we are reading scriptures, asking questions, the RM is throwing out bomb answers. We ask the sister how do we pray, then had her read a scripture and then Walch is like, so how do you feel about that. She ends up bearing a beautiful testimony of prayer and crying! i got teary eyed too.
3. I started talking to a dude at a bus stop, went over to go teach him, his Whole family was there! Mom, sister and Brother, we taught the full restoration for an hr and a half and they understood the book of mormon so well and were so excepting! they are such a beautiful family, we are so excited! They are from Ghana, yay African mission!
4. We got home early from English class, I was like lets go hit up the park, were walking around, getting shut down left and right, it was kind of funny, one guy cut me off, me: possiamo con- him:no no no no, his friend: bahahaha!
lol so were headed back to the house after almost and hr and we Always say buongiorno to errybody, then! african dude on a bike says Good day to us all nice like, i turn around and he looked back at me too so i turned after him and was like "CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?!"
End up talking to him about the BOM and he just moved here from verona, doesnt know anyone, doesnt speak italian and was just at the park asking God FOR DIRECTION IN HIS LIFE AND FOR A MIRACLE!!!! Ahh he was like I am so happy I met you! Today is going to be a good day!
 
SO ya that was only the last two days! Sunday Osato got the priesthood, Ylenia got a call about a job and said it was a blessing from going to Church, then another quick miracle!
So our investigator with a baptism date who is soooo awesome, her hubby is a member and a famous singer is Nigeria, ya we have his cd. he is a member. they were supposed to come to Church and didnt! so we would have to move her date back. I called them and told them to come to Church in the evening ward and we would go with them. called them 2ce about it. THEY ENDED UP GOING! And wore african attire. YES. It was fast and testimony meeting, Ziggy went up there and bore testimony about how we kept calling him up and he was feeling bad from that morning for not being able to go to Church, said that our calls were a big testimony to him that God lives and loves us.
AHHH I WAS SO HAPPY.
I was thinking we would annoy them, but NO! The gospel is never annoying hahaha.
 
This was so long, but I didnt want to forget these things.
LOVES YOUS.
CIAOZIES.

No comments:

Post a Comment